Liteville

milas27

Biker infernalis
1/5/08
Arezzo (Castelluccio)
Visita sito
Bike
LITEVILLE 601
C'hai scambiato 4 chiacchiere con quel ragazzo? Che dice della 301?

Hai presente uno che ha appena provato una Aston Martin ed appena sceso gli chiedi come va :-)

La marza sai gia come lavora, devi vedere il posteriore che spettacolo , ripido sconnesso incollata a terra

PS sabato prox dovremmo essere insieme gli faccio un pò di video cosi vedi

milas27

Biker infernalis
1/5/08
Arezzo (Castelluccio)
Visita sito
Bike
LITEVILLE 601
Foto by Crispo

Le 2 Sorelline

image.php

301 in action
image.php

image.php

andrea66

Biker poeticus
2/4/08
donca town
Visita sito
Bike
Liteville, Bronson
Alla faccia della nota rivista di settore :-)

infatti, sul tecnico lento/trialistico si sono ben guardati dal provarla.....e fortuna che da il meglio di se quando vai veloce...

Cavoli che passaggio... Più che bike vedo manico e coraggio.... Complimenti!!!!!

troppo buono, ma si tratta di un passaggio che abbiamo provato e riprovato un pò di volte (:spetteguless:quando abbiamo girato il video era la quarta volta che scendevo)....

fitzcarraldo358

Biker incredibilis
13/11/08
Romagna
Visita sito
Bike
Canfield, Antidote, Singular
ora è così....black and gold

image.php

la forka è na bestia....eccezziunale veramente :smile:

La Marzocchi è a 170 di escursione?

Mi chiedevo se qualcuno avesse montato la 301 con una forcella da 180 e come si trovasse, visto che Liteville riporta anche le geometrie per tale forcella.

E poi, Andrea, posso chiederti a che altezza sella pedali, per valutare meglio le proporzioni della foto?
Grazie!

kikhit

Biker incredibilis
9/12/03
Torino
www.thegroupmtb.it
Bike
Occam Lt, Alma
sabato sono finalmente riuscito ad usare per la seconda volta la 301... giro non lungo, circa 900m d+, con salita su buono sterro... beh, in su si pedala molto bene, non bobba per nulla anche con ammo su posizione intermedia (trail)... basta non alzarsi a spingere in piedi sui pedali, che altrimenti pare di stare su un pattino con il mare mosso... ma non è un difetto grave.
Su pendenze non eccessive non c'è bisogno di abbassare la forcella, le geometrie sono buone, il tubo sella piuttosto verticale aiuta a mantenere ben carico l'anteriore.

In discesa l'ho provata su sentiero abbastanza sconnesso, con diverse pietraie smosse, bei ripidi scassati, qualche passaggio più lento e tecnico... mancavano solo i tornantini, purtroppo.
Nonostante la mia ruggine (dopo un lungo stop per infortuni vari) la bici ha dato un'ottima impressione: anche qui, le geometrie sono azzeccate, con sterzo disteso che dona stabilità, carro corto che offre agilità e posizione bella centrale che, anche qui, aiuta a stare belli carichi sulla ruota anteriore.
Il carro copia molto bene, io avevo il setup consigliato da liteville più plush (in base alle 'tacche' presenti tra telaio e biella), ma ho fatto qualche fondocorsa di troppo, dovrò gonfiare un poco per le prossime volte.

Come secondo assaggio, sono soddisfatto! :-)

• Mi piace
Reactions: cicot and andrea66

milas27

Biker infernalis
1/5/08
Arezzo (Castelluccio)
Visita sito
Bike
LITEVILLE 601
Liteville 301 26" post 27,5" ant
(se appare una finestra con msg premere su skip)

http://www.bicycling.com/mountainbi...itter-_-Bicycling-_-Content-Story-_-liteville

questo il testo

Mountain bikers are currently confronted by four wheel-size standards: 24, 26, 27.5, and 29 inches. Some people see this as confusing and as an inconvenience. Liteville sees it as an opportunity.

"People five-foot-four through six-foot-five shouldn't be riding the same size wheels," says Kenny Roberts, Liteville's US importer and distributor. According to Roberts, Liteville feels that designing a bike for a small—or even mid-size—rider leads to too many design and performance compromises.

Instead, Liteville believes that wheels should be scaled to the rider and frame size, "As the bikes get bigger, the wheels also should get bigger," says Roberts. "We don't believe wheels should necessarily match in size front and rear. We don't feel the rear wheel has as hard a job as the front wheel because the rear wheel is being pulled up and over obstacles while the front wheel is being pushed up and over obstacles. Wheels should be spec'd for their specific job: [larger wheel for] rolling over obstacles in front; a smaller wheel with less rotational weight that’s pulled over obstacles in the back."

As evidence, Roberts presented this thought exercise: Is it easier to push a wheelbarrow over a curb, or pull a wheelbarrow over a curb? I spent many hours pushing wheelbarrows full of goat dung around my parents’ farm, so my answer would be “pull,” though I'm not sure I'm ready to equate the physics of a wheelbarrow to those of a full-suspension mountain bike.

Liteville offers scaled sizing on its 301 trail and enduro bike. The bike comes in six frame sizes (XS-XXL), and all are designed to work with at least two wheel sizes. Liteville's compatibility spreadsheet is, frankly, a bit confusing, but here’s the short version: Frame size, tire size, and suspension travel determine compatible wheel sizes. The XS frame is designed for a 24-inch rear wheel and 26-inch front wheel, while the XXL is designed for a 29-inch front wheel and either a 29- or 27.5-inch rear wheel.

That’s not all that makes the 301 interesting. The basics of this detail-rich frame: 2,450g weight and 140 or 160mm of travel (swapping travel requires a different link). There's a bit of Specialized FSR in the rear suspension, with pivots on the chainstay, but the upper link is all Liteville. They call it a reverse linkage, and though people on the trail confused it for a pull-shock design, it uses a conventional Fox Float CTD Damper.

Liteville is a sibling brand of Syntace, and the first brand to use a 12x142mm rear axle. You'll find one here, along with a tapered head tube. It's compatible with Syntace's Rockguard rear derailleur protector and integrated chain guide system (both are shown on the bike pictured). The 301's bolt-on hose and housing guides are solid and effective and the 301 will accommodate internal dropper-post routing.

I took a 140mm 301 set up with a 26-inch rear wheel and a 27.5-inch front wheel on the same loop I used to test the new Yeti SB75. My immediate impression of the 301: It's lighter than it looks. The frame tubes are large and, coupled with the 35mm-wide rims on Syntace's wheels, the bike looks bulky, but it was surprisingly light-feeling when I picked it up. I continued to be pleasantly surprised on the bike’s first accelerations and first climbs: I was using slightly more than the recommended sag, yet the 301 still pedaled crisply with the shock open and accelerated easily when I punched it up steep pitches. It’s stiff, too. In fact, it felt like one of the stiffest mountain frames—of any material—I've ever ridden.

The thought of riding two different wheel sizes brought up bad memories of bikes I'd tested with 29-inch front wheels and 26-inch rear wheels. I thought those bikes were a mess, with too much disparity between the way the wheels felt and performed. But 27.5- and 26-inch rims are much closer than 29/26, and after a few feet, I didn’t notice the difference.

Chainguide-detail-Liteville-301.jpg

This bolt-on chainguide is one of the many interesting details built into the Liteville 301 (Matt Phillips)

Descending the 301 was an interesting experience, however. I think—and I can't believe I'm saying this—that the frame may actually be a bit too stiff for my tastes. It was very responsive and hyper-accurate. But I also thought it had a thudding deadness. There could be a simple workaround—suspension pressure, rebound damping, tire pressure—and I didn't have time to work with the bike to isolate or eliminate the sensation, but I've never experienced a feeling quite like it. That said, I would recommend this frame to heavier riders who are looking for a solid frame.

The rear suspension was tuned to the firmer end of the spectrum in my estimation, staying near the top of the stroke with a noticeably steep ramp at the end of the stroke. Normally, I'd say I had too much pressure in the shock, but according to the built in sag-o-meter I was already running more than the recommended sag. I'd be curious to try this bike with 160mm of travel, or in 140mm with a Fox Float X shock. This was my first ride on a 26" wheel in months, however, and some of sensation of firmness I felt in the rear end could be from the smaller wheel size.

Overall, I'd say the 301 didn't suit my tastes, which was disappointing to me because I greatly admire the level of detail Liteville built into this frame. But, that's just me—your mileage may vary.

Allegati

• Liteville-301-side-shot.jpg
    Liteville-301-side-shot.jpg
    62 KB · Visite: 17

cicot

Biker cesareus
17/12/06
Australia
Visita sito
sabato sono finalmente riuscito ad usare per la seconda volta la 301... giro non lungo, circa 900m d+, con salita su buono sterro... beh, in su si pedala molto bene, non bobba per nulla anche con ammo su posizione intermedia (trail)... basta non alzarsi a spingere in piedi sui pedali, che altrimenti pare di stare su un pattino con il mare mosso... ma non è un difetto grave.
Su pendenze non eccessive non c'è bisogno di abbassare la forcella, le geometrie sono buone, il tubo sella piuttosto verticale aiuta a mantenere ben carico l'anteriore.

In discesa l'ho provata su sentiero abbastanza sconnesso, con diverse pietraie smosse, bei ripidi scassati, qualche passaggio più lento e tecnico... mancavano solo i tornantini, purtroppo.
Nonostante la mia ruggine (dopo un lungo stop per infortuni vari) la bici ha dato un'ottima impressione: anche qui, le geometrie sono azzeccate, con sterzo disteso che dona stabilità, carro corto che offre agilità e posizione bella centrale che, anche qui, aiuta a stare belli carichi sulla ruota anteriore.
Il carro copia molto bene, io avevo il setup consigliato da liteville più plush (in base alle 'tacche' presenti tra telaio e biella), ma ho fatto qualche fondocorsa di troppo, dovrò gonfiare un poco per le prossime volte.

Come secondo assaggio, sono soddisfatto! :-)

rimango sempre in attesa di una recensione delle ruote con gli arch ex...ciao

Classifica giornaliera dislivello positivo

Classifica mensile dislivello positivo