Need advice on Southern Italy

Radomir

Biker novus
9/10/13
Visita sito
Grazie 1000.
Our track through Pollino NP is very important now.
Just now I made the new variant.

What do you think if we will go to mountains not from Scalea but a little bit earlier?
Which way from Rotonda is more interesting: yellow or blue?

alphabike2006

Biker superioris
30/5/06
Sud(NA)
Visita sito
Grazie 1000.
Our track through Pollino NP is very important now.
Just now I made the new variant.

What do you think if we will go to mountains not from Scalea but a little bit earlier?
Which way from Rotonda is more interesting: yellow or blue?

Yes you can go to mountains also with the street bit ealier, so you will do less kilometers(about 5-10 km). I know well this street on the right before Scalea. In past I done it many times... is a little shorter and safer than SS18 road(slow and few traffic) but If you don't have a gps or map, I don't advice it... there are less road indications.

Yellow variant has more little mountain countries , this can be an advantage for find more services or B&B and hotels.
This is a simply natural track and less difficult than blue variant(altitude about 700/900meters), and you can admire also storic mountain countries.

Blue variant(from Rotonda) is "the heart of Pollino N.P." includes few mountain locations, so mean less services and magazines. Is also a little more difficult than previous variant(mountain altitude 800/1300 mt), but is a very pure nature track with tall mountains.

Choise depends from your preferences...

Classifica giornaliera dislivello positivo

Classifica mensile dislivello positivo