Import GPX data into Garmin Edge 305

matthiaslink77

Biker novus
10/12/08
Hamburg, Germany
Visita sito
Hi guys,

as this is the official support forum for tcx-Converter, I'm trying to find a solution to get my GPX data-files into the Edge 305.

Unfortunately I don't speak Italian, so I can't read all these posts and putting them all through a converter takes too much time.

So I am hoping to get a quick answer how to convert GPX to TCX files with a usable result in Training Center.

I am using the latest version of TCX-converter on Mac or PC. Both import my GPX-file and convert it to a TCX-file. But no matter what I do, when I import this TCX-file into the Training-Center (latest release), I have only ONE single point and no track information at all.

What am I doing wrong? Looking forward to your replys.

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Matt.

IK1TTD

Biker forumensus
2/1/06
SANREMO
gianpib.spaces.live.com
Hi guys,

as this is the official support forum for tcx-Converter, I'm trying to find a solution to get my GPX data-files into the Edge 305.

Unfortunately I don't speak Italian, so I can't read all these posts and putting them all through a converter takes too much time.

So I am hoping to get a quick answer how to convert GPX to TCX files with a usable result in Training Center.

I am using the latest version of TCX-converter on Mac or PC. Both import my GPX-file and convert it to a TCX-file. But no matter what I do, when I import this TCX-file into the Training-Center (latest release), I have only ONE single point and no track information at all.

What am I doing wrong? Looking forward to your replys.

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Matt.

Hell Matt... sound like very strange ....

The iter is very easy: File Import, Multi GPX, Add file, Load, Save into .tcx
That's it ! Are you goin to do in this way ?
Anyway, the best thng to do, it is to write directly to DDAAXX, you can find him on the search engine of members; he is a very disposal person, and will give you for sure the definitive reply.

Good luck !

matthiaslink77

Biker novus
10/12/08
Hamburg, Germany
Visita sito
Hell Matt... sound like very strange ....

The iter is very easy: File Import, Multi GPX, Add file, Load, Save into .tcx
That's it ! Are you goin to do in this way ?
Anyway, the best thng to do, it is to write directly to DDAAXX, you can find him on the search engine of members; he is a very disposal person, and will give you for sure the definitive reply.

Good luck !

Thanks a lot. I tried "File Import => GPX " and "Multi GPX", saved the results and then imported them into training center. But the result is always the same. The course has ONE single point and that's it.

I attached 2 screenshots in a ZIP-Archive, one from TCX-importer, the other one from Training-center to clarify this.

Obviously I am doing something wrong as nobody else seems to have these issues... :nunsacci::nunsacci::nunsacci:

Best regards,
Matt.

Allegati

• tcx-import-fails.zip
    231,1 KB · Visite: 6

robyone

Biker cesareus
4/5/08
Roma
Visita sito
Thanks a lot. I tried "File Import => GPX " and "Multi GPX", saved the results and then imported them into training center. But the result is always the same. The course has ONE single point and that's it.

I attached 2 screenshots in a ZIP-Archive, one from TCX-importer, the other one from Training-center to clarify this.

Obviously I am doing something wrong as nobody else seems to have these issues... :nunsacci::nunsacci::nunsacci:

Best regards,
Matt.
Hi Matt,
it would have been better to zip also the gpx you start from, but your issue is anyway clear.
You must simply set an average speed to the gpx. file before saving the .tcx (go to Modify Track - Change average speed).
Every tcx file must in fact have an average speed in order to work correctly in Traning Center and on Edge.
Your current speed is "INF" (that I believe means Infinite or something like that, anyway wrong) as you can read in the center box and even on the right of the first line of your track points.
That usually happens when the gpx is manually modified, adding, changing or removing parts of track.

I will anyhow propose to the great DDAAXX a small improvement to his software in order to avoid this issue.

DDAAXX

Biker tremendus
17/3/04
Milano
www.teambikeolympo.it
Hi Matt,
robyone exlplain you the problem: you have to set the average speed.
If you can post here the GPX you used, I will examine it because I see another possible problem, but I have to have a look to the file.

matthiaslink77

Biker novus
10/12/08
Hamburg, Germany
Visita sito
Hi,

thanks for the advice. Now I tried to set the average speed. I entered "20.00", but TCX-Converter makes "1.14 km/h" out of it.

If I try to import the exported tcx-File into Training Center, TC tells me, that it is not a valid Training Center file and does not import the file.

I attached the GPX, tcx (converted) and 2 screenshots to clarify this.

Thanks a lot for your help :i-want-t:

All the best,
Matt.

Allegati

• TCX-Importer_Fails_2.zip
    238,1 KB · Visite: 4

robyone

Biker cesareus
4/5/08
Roma
Visita sito
Hi,

thanks for the advice. Now I tried to set the average speed. I entered "20.00", but TCX-Converter makes "1.14 km/h" out of it.

If I try to import the exported tcx-File into Training Center, TC tells me, that it is not a valid Training Center file and does not import the file.

I attached the GPX, tcx (converted) and 2 screenshots to clarify this.

Thanks a lot for your help :i-want-t:

All the best,
Matt.
DDAAXX, he has the same issue I had, it is due to the use of a different decimal divider in the operating system (dot instead of coma, or viceversa)... I think you should solve that definitely...
If you see the Converter screenshot, all changed timestamp are completely wrong in syntax.

Matt, you can find attached the right tcx.
If you want to have the Converter working, for the time being you should change the decimal divider in your operating system... in Windows you can go in Control Panel, International Options, Personalize, I don't know in Mac...
But pay then attention to the use of Excel or similar tool. I suggest you to switch the divider, use the Converter and then switch it back.

Allegati

• Tour 13 Caldera ok.zip
    9,8 KB · Visite: 11

DDAAXX

Biker tremendus
17/3/04
Milano
www.teambikeolympo.it
Yes, but it's very strange... I don't think the problem is the same, because MacOS localization is different than the Windows localization... basically is not affected from the same problem as Windows with the decimal divider.
This night I'll try with my iMac at home, to see what can be the problem with macos.

But... the very strange things is the time format: 2006-09-08T13:29:11.359Z
The correct format is 2006-09-08T13:29:11Z w/o .359

What have you used to capture this track?

DDAAXX

Biker tremendus
17/3/04
Milano
www.teambikeolympo.it
YES WE CAN!!!!!! :-) :-)
I found a trick to define what decimal divisor is in use and now my develop version works correctly!!!!
Now (when I'll release the 1.7.6) you are free from the decimal divisor and all goes correctly well ;-)

Thanks to give me a reason to study the problem (thanks also to Robyone that is the first with this problerm ;-))

Classifica mensile dislivello positivo