[Tested] Vorsprung Smashpot Coil Spring Fork Conversion

• Cannondale presenta la nuova Scalpel, la sua bici biammortizzata da cross country che adesso ha 120 millimetri di escursione anteriore e posteriore in tutte le sue versioni. Sembra che sia cambiato poco, a prima vista, ma sono i dettagli che fanno la differenza e che rendono questa Scalpel 2024 nettamente più performante del modello precedente.
    Iscriviti al canale se non l'hai ancora fatto (clicca qui).

Liam-J

Biker novus
4/9/22
Squamish
Visita sito
Bike
Enduro
Hey thanks for another great article. I currently have a Fox 38 on the same 2022 enduro frame you have (sick bike). I'm going to get a 2020-2022 Lyrik and Smashpot it with 180mm travel. My Fox 38 weighs 2415g and the Lyrik with Smashpot is probably (2040g + 550g) = 2590g so only a difference of 175g which isn't too bad. Would you consider this combo? I always liked the Charger 2.1 damper and that can be tuned if necessary.

Liam-J

Biker novus
4/9/22
Squamish
Visita sito
Bike
Enduro
Hey thanks for another great article. I currently have a Fox 38 on the same 2022 enduro frame you have (sick bike). I'm going to get a 2020-2022 Lyrik and Smashpot it with 180mm travel. My Fox 38 weighs 2415g and the Lyrik with Smashpot is probably (2040g + 550g) = 2590g so only a difference of 175g which isn't too bad. Would you consider this combo? I always liked the Charger 2.1 damper and that can be tuned if necessary.
Also got a EXT E-Storia to go on the rear. Excited for a full coil setup and total it will only add around 350g to the bike

Ian Collins

Redazione
17/6/14
Visita sito
Hey Liam,

Thanks for the kind words on the article. Sounds like you have a really sick ride in the works. I'm itching to try an EXT one of these days. That's an interesting one and I guess it depends on a few factors - your local terrain, weight, how hard you push a bike, etc. I'd certainly consider that setup and I always did like the Marzocchi Bomber coil, which isn't far off in terms of duty (stanchions are only 1mm thicker)...That said, I have gotten jaded by 38 mm stanchion forks and if I'm just hammering laps at a bike park or on rough terrain, I tend to want to go that route. All in all, it sounds like you're pretty keyed into your needs though, so I say go for it and keep us posted on how you like it!

-IC

Classifica mensile dislivello positivo