Vota il rider per il prossimo Drop in!

• La Pinarello Dogma XC è finalmente disponibile al pubblico! Dopo averla vista sul gradino più alto del podio dei campionati del mondo di XC 2023 con Tom Pidcock (con la full) e Pauline Ferrand-Prevot (con la front), Stefano Udeschini ha avuto modo di provarla sui sentieri del Garda
    Iscriviti al canale se non l'hai ancora fatto (clicca qui).

marco

Not
Membro dello Staff
Diretur
29/10/02
Monte Bar
www.mtb-mag.com
TC
KM Percorsi
Bike
Diverse
Vota il rider per il prossimo Drop in!

La crew di Drop In sta cercando un nuovo talento per la prossima stagione. Il vincitore riceverà 3 Santacruz bikes e un posto sul famoso bus di Drop In, con cui i nostri eroi viaggeranno alla ricerca di spot freeride.

Ecco i tre finalisti, cliccate sulla locandina per andare ai video e quindi votare il vsotro rider preferito! (fine delle votazione: 23 novembre 2007)!

WHO WILL BE THE ULTIMATE DIRTBAG?

Oct. 29 [RIP TV]
You watched, you voted… and it’s come down to the final three! Now it’s up to you to decide who will become the next Drop In star – Logan, Frankie or Kyle?

These three were chosen from votes by thousands of mountain bike fans. Their killer riding got them a chance to appear as guest riders on a Drop In Episode. So they were off to Whistler, BC, where they got to eat, sleep, breathe and ride with the Drop In crew. Of course the cameras were rolling – and all three stepped up to the challenge.

“It was important to have the three meet in Whistler to appear on one of the Drop In episodes so we could get to know them and see how they react on camera,” said Toni Muendel, Drop In Producer.

“We’re not only looking for the best rider, we're looking for personality and a team player. With this crew we found it - they are a super cool bunch with a ton of talent. I wish good luck to them because it's in the hands of the mountain biking public now.”

The footage collected during their appearance on the episode has been compiled into segments for all three riders. These segments will determine which of the three will win the coveted title of Ultimate Dirtbag – earning him a spot on the Drop In TV series for Season 6 and a line-up of bikes and parts from Santa Cruz!

“The reason for running the Be A Dirtbag Contest was because it's every kids dream to get free bikes and possibly ride for a living. So, why not make that opportunity open to all the people out there with a bike, a video camera and an internet connection?” said Muendel.
This is the chance for Drop In fans to determine who they’ll see riding next season. The rider segment that gets the most votes will be crowned the ultimate dirtbag. Anyone can vote, but only once! Voting is open from Oct. 29-Nov. 23 on www.rip.tv/events/contest.

About the Riders:

Frankie Vass
DI_finalround_frankie.jpg

My name is Frankie Vass. I'm 21 years young. I’ve been riding ever since I got a BMX for my 14th birthday. I mainly ride street and skate parks because that’s what we have in and around London, Ontario. I'm trying to get some dirt jumps going but its hard to find a spot that wont get plowed.

The trip to Whistler with the Drop In crew was amazing. Whistler has some amazing spots to ride. I wish I could have stayed longer. Hopefully next time I go I'll have some working brakes and be able to use the mountain more. Thanks to everybody at Rip.tv for putting on a great contest and providing first class treatment.

Frankie Vass
Esquire

Vote Now: www.rip.tv/events/contest

Kyle Thomas
DI_finalround_kyle.jpg

My name is Kyle Thomas. My life is very busy right now, I am a 21 year old Mechanical Engineering major at the University of Idaho, in Moscow Idaho USA, and when I am not submerged in school work, I am either out riding trails, or building them. I grew up in Bismarck North Dakota where I first became interested in mountain bikes. I started racing XC when I was 12. I loved riding and racing my bike more than anything and went on to race XC, Road, and BMX. I spent countless hours just riding in my driveway working on the basics of riding, balance, control, and confidence. I read every bike magazine I could get my hands on, watched every video I could find, and browsed the internet for anything on two wheels. I started working at my local shop when I turned 14, and have been a bike junkie ever since. Once I graduate I hope to work in the industry designing bicycles and bike related products.

I really got into free riding when I moved to Idaho when I was 17. I’ve always enjoyed the downhill aspect of riding and spent this last summer racing and improving my riding along with learning more about this industry. This last summer I worked for Transition Bikes in Bellingham Washington as their intern, which allowed me to see the production side of the cycling industry. The last summer was the best summer I’ve ever had, I progressed immensely as a rider and learned an awful lot from the guys at transition and the people they deal with on a daily basis. My favorite part was meeting all the people over the summer and interacting with the riders, talking to the public, and riding with people who enjoy riding.

I’ve been around the industry for a few years now, and I’ve filmed videos and written stories on multiple events around the country for online sites, and met numerous riders along the way. I am looking forward to being in front of the camera as a rider and to see this aspect of riding and the business that goes along with it. Rip.TV’s be a Dirtbag Contest has been an amazing experience. I want to say thanks to Rip.tv for putting on the contest, and treating us like rock stars. I had a great time in Whistler and hopefully look forward to riding with the Drop in crew next summer!

Vote Now: www.rip.tv/events/contest

Logan Peat
DI_finalround_logan.jpg

My name is Logan Peat and I am from Owen Sound, Ontario, but currently live in Alberta, where I am studying Adventure Tourism and Outdoor Recreation at Lakeland College. I am really enjoying the course and have been finding some great new riding spots here.

Drop In was truly my inspiration. I have every episode and the show really sparked my passion for biking. I have been riding seriously for about three years now. I made my first trip to Whistler in 2005. I entered my first competition in 2006. I built dirt jumps and drops and north shore at my place and started visiting Blue Mountain, my local downhill spot. During the summer of 2006 and 2007, I ran a small bike camp for the City of Owen Sound. Earlier this year, I co-oped at Martin's, the local bike shop, and I learned a lot. This past summer I did a lot of traveling, meeting new riders and riding new places.

Thanks to the the Dirt Bags and the people at rip tv, I had a blast in Whistler, it was a trip I will never forget. I would also like to send a huge thank you to everyone that voted for me and made this all possible. Riding is my passion and I would be honored to be on the bus next season.

Classifica mensile dislivello positivo