• Clicca qui per iscriverti al canale Whatsapp di MTB Mag per rimanere aggiornato a tutto quello che succede nel mondo della mountain bike!

Visiting Umbria from California

Guasco

Biker novus
17/4/09
San Francisco
Visita sito
I hope I am posting in the right place. Looking for places to ride in Umbria?

Coming from San Francisco and flying into Rome for a few weeks and staying in Montileone di Orvieto. Hoping to bring my bike a 29er single speed or my Santa Cruz Nomad.

Any trails nearby to ride or that I can get to by train? And a place maybe to rent a bike if I do not bring mine.

Thanks!

gnafo

Biker superis
9/10/08
Ottawa - Canada
Visita sito

Hi,
try to check here :http://www.mtb-forum.it/community/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86
I don't live in Italy anymore.... but anyway, good luck!

Per i ragazzi dell'Umbria fatevi sentire!

Nikthenightfly

Nikbike
18/10/04
AR
nikbike.wordpress.com
Bike
YT Jeffsy+9er EMD

Hi,
about mtb's trails in Umbria, you can see more info here: http://www.mbike.it it's a very interesting and detailed site about tracks and routes by cycling with your 29er or Santa!

bye, Nik

franc 1

Biker marathonensis
30/3/07
terni, italy
Visita sito
Hi Man,
I think u'll not find lots of SS 29er rider here (terni is about 30 km far from orvieto, and is the biggest town of this area) but your nomad is a perfet weapon for ours trails
here u can find many all mountain and freeride trails and some easy downhill and u can go from orvieto to terni in 30-40 minutes by train
when u'll come u have only to let me know what are u going to do
cheers, Francesco

sal_pp_mtb

Biker ciceronis
10/10/08
Viterbo
Visita sito
Hi man,

I would suggest you a tour in Viterbo as well, it is about 20 miles from Orvieto in the direction of Rome here we have some trails worth ride as well, just let me know when you will be in Orvieto and if you wish to visit Viterbo with your bike.

Do not bring the 29 with you, just take the Nomad it is better.

jackpg

Biker tremendus
5/10/07
Perugia
Visita sito
Hello,
i live in Perugia, and contact me if you need someone to drive you around the perugia's hill...
If you can't bring your bike, i thing you can find a giant trance test bike at my friend's shop!

Classifica giornaliera dislivello positivo

Classifica mensile dislivello positivo