Ultime news riguardo ad Urge Cabo Verde

• La Pinarello Dogma XC è finalmente disponibile al pubblico! Dopo averla vista sul gradino più alto del podio dei campionati del mondo di XC 2023 con Tom Pidcock (con la full) e Pauline Ferrand-Prevot (con la front), Stefano Udeschini ha avuto modo di provarla sui sentieri del Garda
    Iscriviti al canale se non l'hai ancora fatto (clicca qui).

david_jcd

Redazione
11/8/05
Fortezza (BZ)
Visita sito
[Comunicato stamoa] Ultime news da Urge Cabo Verde:

Aste: Il 25 di questo mese cominciano le aste di Tracy Moseley e Trek World Racing, dureranno fino al 3 Febbraio.

Partners: Il grande fotografo Sven Martin ha accettato la nostra offerta a partecipare gratuitamente alla spedizione ed usare il suo talento per mostrarci dal di dentro Urge Cabo Verde! Più in basso trovate un'intervista a Sven, mentre qui sotto potete vedere alcuni suoi ritratti:

Rider's Bike: Rowan Sorrell (Orange/Mojo) ha deciso, per la sua prima partecipazione ad un evento Urge, di partecipare in maniera tangibile al massimo! Assieme ai suoi parnters Orange e Mojo, ha deciso di donare la bici che userà a Capo Verde per le aste Urge FOR Cabo Verde. In basso trovate un'intervista a Chris Porter di Mojo ed i dati della bici.

Questa è l'intervista al fotografo Sven Martin:

The great photographer Sven Martin accepted our offer to participate for free in the expedition and use his talent to bring us inside view of the Urge Cabo Verde. Short meeting :

> Hey Sven, a few months ago you accepted to be involved in this Urge Cabo Verde adventure. What do you find specially attractive in this project ?

S.M: Well it's a few things actually. My usual schedule involves going to the same places at the same times every year, so as a photographer and mountain biker i love new destinations, the more remote and undiscovered to MTB the better, and being able to do it all for a good cause is just the cherry on top. Travel, Adventure, Scenic locations combined with racing that is in my blood all for a charity what better combination.

> As a photographer, you're crossing the planet all year round. Have you ever been to Cabo Verde ?

S.M: You used to stop over there when flying from South Africa to USA for refueling, but i have never been. I see it is famous for its waves as well as it's mountains, so i cant wait.

> You will live all the adventure with those 15 riders, in a very impressive nature, it's exiting for a man of images like you ?

S.M: Yeah i can't wait. I have also had to do some training to be able to keep up with the trek up with my bike and my big camera bag. It will be tough deciding how much gear to pack for the days because i will need my bike for the best access to locations. But i love this type of work. No planning, quick reactions and decisions to bring you real documentary style images. Images that will do both the riding and location justice.

> More generally, what makes a good MTB picture for you ?

S.M: I like to bring the viewer into the scene, or at least make them want to be there. I like to be able to give a real feel to my shots, not always studio style with flashes all the time, that is too easy. I think also having the right rider with good style is key to making the shot work in the environment. I shoot different riders different ways to compliment there styles and personalities. Having big scenic backdrops liek Cabo Verde gives you even more variables and options to work with.

> Your images are also going to help Cabo Verde to develop MTB and eco-tourism in the archipelago. Perhaps create new opportunities, new jobs for people there. It's important for you ?

S.M: Yes i love how bicycles can uplift peoples lives in many different ways. Eco-tourism is one way, with commuting and bicycles being a healthy and green activity that is free to do once you have the equipment i think it will be experiencing huge growth in the tourism sector into the future, and through this local communities can develop and also reinvest into their own area which is good for a future generation of local riders.

> And the schedule of Sven Martin after the Urge Cabo Verde ?

S.M: I continue on to South Africa, i shoot the Cape Epic, MTB XC Stage race as well as continue to do more charity work for World Bicycle Relief, then the World Cup Season begins along with a few other trips and specialty events and shoots. I will be seeing a lot more of Fabien and a few other Urge riders all year long, i base myself in France for the summer for most of the world cup season and always try do as much big mountain trail riding in Europe every year between events if i have time.

...e l'intervista a Chris Porter di Mojo.

Questions to Chris Porter from Mojo on their spirit in this adventure and this great bike that one day could be yours...

> Chris, with Orange, Mojo is one of the principals partners of Rowan in this Urge Cabo Verde. What do you like in this concept ?

C.P : I like the ?adventure? part! It?s a real adventure on real mountains... It?s one of the only events I can think of where everyone is a ?team? whilst climbing to the top ? everyone helps each other and looks out for each other to climb the mountain. And then all the riders put on their helmets and race each other back down the hill! I love the fact there?s no tapes, no track, no ski lift. It?s like the mountain bike equivalent of the ?Dakar?! Wild country, real challenge. I?m really jealous of Rowan for being invited, I think he will have an amazing, life changing journey!

> Mojo seems to be very involved in the preparation of this event but also on the humanitarian side. It's important for you that MTB provide his little help in other countries ?

C.P : I also like the humanitarian aspect of the adventure, I think it is very important to ?pay? for our ?first world? use of a ?third world? wilderness. Again it is similar to the Dakar in that the event brings revenue into desert areas where no other western commerce can. But what?s better with the ?Urge? concept is that the help is provided more directly and is designed to fill a specific need in the area which is visited. I loved the fact that in Nepal you could see school buildings being built rather than a ?receipt? and a thank you from an NGO!

> For a company like Mojo, it's of course a way to communicate but, if this involvement is directly usefull to help children in Cabo Verde, it's a winner/winner action no ?

C.P : Mojo have never really been interested in publicity for publicity?s sake... We love the racing, we love the bikes, we love the mountains, we spend a lot of money racing every year because we have a passion for racing and a thirst for knowledge. That some people want to know about this and want to read about it is just a bonus to us! It would be great for us to be able to help publicise the ?Urge? events in the UK and in the ?English speaking? world because the events are genuinely inspirational.

In conclusion, Chris and his partner Susie, told us that MOJO Cie will go even far in the Urge FOR Cabo Verde adventure by making an extra donation to the humanitarian program in Cabo Verde. Big big thanks to them and rdv soon for pore details on this nice idear.

Rowan's Orange Bike, an auction not to miss in the end of february !... For now, you can go to the video section of the website to follow the excellent Rowan's Training in 4 episodes...

Le specifiche della bici di Rowan :

Frame ? 18? Orange Alpine 160 in Custom Polished Finish Fork ? Fox Float 36 with RC2 Cartridge to save weight Headset ? Hope Tapered headset Stem ? Sunline V-one All Mountain 50mm Bars ? Sunline V-one 19mm rise 745mm width Shifter ? XTR 10 Speed Cranks ? XTR 170mm Chain Device ? Gamut P30 Rear Mech ? XTR Wheels ? Hope pro 2 Hubs on Stans Flow Rim?s Cassette ? XTR Chain ? XTR Brakes ? Hope M4 Callipers with Race Levers Seatpost ? Sunline Seat ? SDG Tyres ? Maxxis Minion FR 2.35

[Comunicato stamoa] Ultime news da Urge Cabo Verde:</p> Aste: Il 25 di questo mese cominciano le aste di Tracy Moseley e Trek World Racing, dureranno fino al 3 Febbraio.

Partners: Il grande fotografo Sven Martin ha accettato la nostra offerta a partecipare gratuitamente alla spedizione ed usare il suo talento per mostrarci dal di dentro Urge Cabo Verde! Più in basso trovate un'intervista a Sven.

Rider's Bike: Rowan Sorrell (Orange/Mojo) ha decisio, per la sua prima partecipazione ad un evento Urge, di partecipare in maniera tangibile al massimo! Assieme ai suoi parnters Orange e Mojo, ha deciso di donare la bici che userà a Capo Verde per le aste Urge FOR Cabo Verde. In basso trovate un'intervista a Chris Porter di Mojo ed i dati della bici.

Questa è l'intervista al fotografo Sven Martin:

The great photographer Sven Martin accepted our offer to participate for free in the expedition and use his talent to bring us inside view of the Urge Cabo Verde. Short meeting :

> Hey Sven, a few months ago you accepted to be involved in this Urge Cabo Verde adventure. What do you find specially attractive in this project ?

S.M: Well it's a few things actually. My usual schedule involves going to the same places at the same times every year, so as a photographer and mountain biker i love new destinations, the more remote and undiscovered to MTB the better, and being able to do it all for a good cause is just the cherry on top. Travel, Adventure, Scenic locations combined with racing that is in my blood all for a charity what better combination.

> As a photographer, you're crossing the planet all year round. Have you ever been to Cabo Verde ?

S.M: You used to stop over there when flying from South Africa to USA for refueling, but i have never been. I see it is famous for its waves as well as it's mountains, so i cant wait.

> You will live all the adventure with those 15 riders, in a very impressive nature, it's exiting for a man of images like you ?

S.M: Yeah i can't wait. I have also had to do some training to be able to keep up with the trek up with my bike and my big camera bag. It will be tough deciding how much gear to pack for the days because i will need my bike for the best access to locations. But i love this type of work. No planning, quick reactions and decisions to bring you real documentary style images. Images that will do both the riding and location justice.

> More generally, what makes a good MTB picture for you ?

S.M: I like to bring the viewer into the scene, or at least make them want to be there. I like to be able to give a real feel to my shots, not always studio style with flashes all the time, that is too easy. I think also having the right rider with good style is key to making the shot work in the environment. I shoot different riders different ways to compliment there styles and personalities. Having big scenic backdrops liek Cabo Verde gives you even more variables and options to work with.

> Your images are also going to help Cabo Verde to develop MTB and eco-tourism in the archipelago. Perhaps create new opportunities, new jobs for people there. It's important for you ?

S.M: Yes i love how bicycles can uplift peoples lives in many different ways. Eco-tourism is one way, with commuting and bicycles being a healthy and green activity that is free to do once you have the equipment i think it will be experiencing huge growth in the tourism sector into the future, and through this local communities can develop and also reinvest into their own area which is good for a future generation of local riders.

> And the schedule of Sven Martin after the Urge Cabo Verde ?

S.M: I continue on to South Africa, i shoot the Cape Epic, MTB XC Stage race as well as continue to do more charity work for World Bicycle Relief, then the World Cup Season begins along with a few other trips and specialty events and shoots. I will be seeing a lot more of Fabien and a few other Urge riders all year long, i base myself in France for the summer for most of the world cup season and always try do as much big mountain trail riding in Europe every year between events if i have time.

...e l'intervista a Chris Porter di Mojo.

Questions to Chris Porter from Mojo on their spirit in this adventure and this great bike that one day could be yours...

> Chris, with Orange, Mojo is one of the principals partners of Rowan in this Urge Cabo Verde. What do you like in this concept ?

C.P : I like the ?adventure? part! It?s a real adventure on real mountains... It?s one of the only events I can think of where everyone is a ?team? whilst climbing to the top ? everyone helps each other and looks out for each other to climb the mountain. And then all the riders put on their helmets and race each other back down the hill! I love the fact there?s no tapes, no track, no ski lift. It?s like the mountain bike equivalent of the ?Dakar?! Wild country, real challenge. I?m really jealous of Rowan for being invited, I think he will have an amazing, life changing journey!

> Mojo seems to be very involved in the preparation of this event but also on the humanitarian side. It's important for you that MTB provide his little help in other countries ?

C.P : I also like the humanitarian aspect of the adventure, I think it is very important to ?pay? for our ?first world? use of a ?third world? wilderness. Again it is similar to the Dakar in that the event brings revenue into desert areas where no other western commerce can. But what?s better with the ?Urge? concept is that the help is provided more directly and is designed to fill a specific need in the area which is visited. I loved the fact that in Nepal you could see school buildings being built rather than a ?receipt? and a thank you from an NGO!

> For a company like Mojo, it's of course a way to communicate but, if this involvement is directly usefull to help children in Cabo Verde, it's a winner/winner action no ?

C.P : Mojo have never really been interested in publicity for publicity?s sake... We love the racing, we love the bikes, we love the mountains, we spend a lot of money racing every year because we have a passion for racing and a thirst for knowledge. That some people want to know about this and want to read about it is just a bonus to us! It would be great for us to be able to help publicise the ?Urge? events in the UK and in the ?English speaking? world because the events are genuinely inspirational.

In conclusion, Chris and his partner Susie, told us that MOJO Cie will go even far in the Urge FOR Cabo Verde adventure by making an extra donation to the humanitarian program in Cabo Verde. Big big thanks to them and rdv soon for pore details on this nice idear.

Rowan's Orange Bike, an auction not to miss in the end of february !... For now, you can go to the video section of the website to follow the excellent Rowan's Training in 4 episodes...

Rowan's Bike spec :

Frame ? 18? Orange Alpine 160 in Custom Polished Finish Fork ? Fox Float 36 with RC2 Cartridge to save weight Headset ? Hope Tapered headset Stem ? Sunline V-one All Mountain 50mm Bars ? Sunline V-one 19mm rise 745mm width Shifter ? XTR 10 Speed Cranks ? XTR 170mm Chain Device ? Gamut P30 Rear Mech ? XTR Wheels ? Hope pro 2 Hubs on Stans Flow Rim?s Cassette ? XTR Chain ? XTR Brakes ? Hope M4 Callipers with Race Levers Seatpost ? Sunline Seat ? SDG Tyres ? Maxxis Minion FR 2.35

Classifica mensile dislivello positivo