[Tested] Chris King ISO / Santa Cruz Reserve 30 Wheelset

Ian Collins

Redazione
17/6/14
Visita sito
Chris King is best known for their legendary headsets, hubs and bottom brackets – all of which feature incredible attention to detail and high precision, in house manufactured bearings. The Portland Oregon brand has been at it since 1976 – around 43 years now. What you may not be familiar with is the fact that King has a fairly expansive complete wheel program as well, with sets starting at just $1050. Additionally, in recent news, as of today they have extended their already generous warranty for the lifetime of their products. Some months ago, Chris King was kind enough to send us a set of their ISO hubs laced to Santa Cruz Reserve rims, neither of which we’ve tested yet. I bolted them up to a long travel bike, rode them a heck of a lot and also raced them to a rather unimpressive finish in a stacked field at the TDS Enduro. Here’s how they’ve been treating us...

Continue reading...

D-Lock

Biker dantescus
13/1/07
Varese
Visita sito
Bike
Ibis Ripley 4 + SC Stigmata
I got my reserve wheels last fall (with dtswiss hubs however) and I'm still impressed at how a great wheel can improve the riding experience. They are stiff but not too rigid, very precise and they take literall any hit.
King hubs were not available yet at the time, otherwise they would have been surely another option.

Classifica mensile dislivello positivo