L' Hard Rock anni '80 finisce oggi...

• La Pinarello Dogma XC è finalmente disponibile al pubblico! Dopo averla vista sul gradino più alto del podio dei campionati del mondo di XC 2023 con Tom Pidcock (con la full) e Pauline Ferrand-Prevot (con la front), Stefano Udeschini ha avuto modo di provarla sui sentieri del Garda
    Iscriviti al canale se non l'hai ancora fatto (clicca qui).

ant

Biker assatanatus
4/6/04
Tra i due laghi e il Moncuni
Visita sito
Bike
Santa Cruz HT "Orangina" - KTM Scarp prestige "scarpetta"
Una volta gli chiesero come ci si sentisse ad essere il più grande chitarrista di tutti i tempi
Rispose "chiedetelo a Steve Luckater".

Lo humour di chi sa di essere uno dei due o tre che hanno cambiato per sempre il mondo della chitarra elettrica.

Buon viaggio Eddie!

ymarti

Biker imperialis
16/9/03
Milano
Visita sito
Bike
Specialized Demo 8 26 oldschool & Nukeproof Mega 29 newschool
non è hard rock. Non è heavy metal, e non è neanche rock. Eddie Van Halen è una cosa a sé.

vero, sono riusciti persino a strizzare l'occhio al pop e così a far conoscere il genere -ampiamente parlando- rock a tanta gente. Un genio musicale.

Nekro

Biker perfektus
31/8/14
Brixia
Visita sito
Bike
Ritchey P29 / Surly Krampug 29+ / KHS Solo Se 29 Singlespeed / Dartmoor Primal 27.5+ / Production Privee Shan 27.5
Scrive Bennett:

"Eddie una volta acquistò un veicolo d'assalto a un'asta militare. Il mezzo aveva un attacco per pistola sul retro e non è legale. Eddie guidò quel veicolo d'assalto attraverso Los Angeles, fino a Beverly Hills, parcheggiò e lo lasciò sul prato davanti alla casa in cui i Limp Bizkit stavano provando. Uscì senza camicia, con i capelli raccolti in una crocchia in testa come un Samurai, i suoi jeans erano sostenuti da una corda e aveva degli stivali da combattimento tenuti insieme da un nastro adesivo. E aveva una pistola in mano."

Bennett scrive che Eddie Van Halen gli raccontò:

“Quel c......e rispose alla porta. Gli misi la mia pistola su quel suo stupido cappello rosso e dissi, 'Dov'è la mia merda, figlio di puttana?' Quello stronzo si rivolse a uno dei suoi impiegati iniziandogli a urlare di portare la mia merda... Eddie Van Halen era in piedi sul prato di una casa residenziale a Beverly Hills in pieno giorno, fumando una sigaretta mentre teneva una pistola puntata su Fred Durst mentre andava avanti e indietro dalla casa al veicolo d'assalto, trascinando con sè amplificatori e chitarre.”

Un pazzo bastardo dio della chitarra.

RIP

• Mi piace
Reactions: ant

marco

Not
Membro dello Staff
Diretur
29/10/02
Monte Bar
www.mtb-mag.com
TC
KM Percorsi
Bike
Diverse
Scrive Bennett:

Bennett scrive che Eddie Van Halen gli raccontò:

Un pazzo bastardo dio della chitarra.

RIP

che traduzione di merda.

The incident with Durst allegedly took place after guitarist Wes Borland had quit Limp Bizkit and the band held auditions to find a replacement. Durst and Eddie Van Halen were introduced at a party where a record-label executive suggested they work together. Bennett said Durst responded, “That would be hilarious. The greatest guitar player ever plays with the worst band ever.” But Van Halen responded with, “Fuck it, let’s jam.”

The session went ahead at a house in Beverly Hills, but Van Halen, who’s not a fan of weed, left abruptly after people began smoking it, leaving guitars, amps and other equipment behind. Bennett said afterward the guitarist described the jam as “like being a scholar amongst kindergartners.”

The following day, Van Halen contacted Durst to recover his gear, according to Bennett.The guitarist was still upset about the experience, and after not hearing back from Durst after 24 hours, he decided to take matters into his own hands.

“Eddie once bought an assault vehicle from a military auction,” Bennett writes. “It has a shine gun mount on the back and is not legal. Eddie drove that assault vehicle through L.A., into Beverly Hills, then parked and left it running on the front lawn of the house Limp Bizkit was rehearsing in. He got out wearing no shirt, his hair in a Samurai bun on top of his head, his jeans held up with a strand of rope and combat boots held together by duct tape. And he had a gun in his hand.”

“That asshole answered the door," Bennett recalled Van Halen explaining. "I put my gun to that stupid fucking red hat of his, and I said, ‘Where’s my shit, motherfucker?’ That fucking guy just turned to one of his employees and starts yelling at him to grab my shit. ... Eddie Van Halen stood on the front lawn of a residential home in Beverly Hills in broad daylight, smoking a cigarette while holding a gun on Fred Durst as he went back and forth from the house to the assault vehicle, lugging amps and guitars.”

Read More: New Book Says Eddie Van Halen Once Put a Gun to Fred Durst’s Head | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/eddie-van-halen-fred-durst/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

AlexV

Biker paradisiacus
22/1/16
Como
Visita sito
Bike
Radon Slide 140
che traduzione di merda.

The incident with Durst allegedly took place after guitarist Wes Borland had quit Limp Bizkit and the band held auditions to find a replacement. Durst and Eddie Van Halen were introduced at a party where a record-label executive suggested they work together. Bennett said Durst responded, “That would be hilarious. The greatest guitar player ever plays with the worst band ever.” But Van Halen responded with, “Fuck it, let’s jam.”

The session went ahead at a house in Beverly Hills, but Van Halen, who’s not a fan of weed, left abruptly after people began smoking it, leaving guitars, amps and other equipment behind. Bennett said afterward the guitarist described the jam as “like being a scholar amongst kindergartners.”

The following day, Van Halen contacted Durst to recover his gear, according to Bennett.The guitarist was still upset about the experience, and after not hearing back from Durst after 24 hours, he decided to take matters into his own hands.

“Eddie once bought an assault vehicle from a military auction,” Bennett writes. “It has a shine gun mount on the back and is not legal. Eddie drove that assault vehicle through L.A., into Beverly Hills, then parked and left it running on the front lawn of the house Limp Bizkit was rehearsing in. He got out wearing no shirt, his hair in a Samurai bun on top of his head, his jeans held up with a strand of rope and combat boots held together by duct tape. And he had a gun in his hand.”

“That asshole answered the door," Bennett recalled Van Halen explaining. "I put my gun to that stupid fucking red hat of his, and I said, ‘Where’s my shit, motherfucker?’ That fucking guy just turned to one of his employees and starts yelling at him to grab my shit. ... Eddie Van Halen stood on the front lawn of a residential home in Beverly Hills in broad daylight, smoking a cigarette while holding a gun on Fred Durst as he went back and forth from the house to the assault vehicle, lugging amps and guitars.”

Read More: New Book Says Eddie Van Halen Once Put a Gun to Fred Durst’s Head | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/eddie-van-halen-fred-durst/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Così ha più senso in effetti :loll:

Deve essere stata una scena epica, per fortuna non c'erano i social e quelli che si indignano per una scoreggia... oggi avrebbe dovuto chiedere scusa in ginocchio sui ceci... che tempi di merda quelli odierni

Pito

Biker ciceronis
7/9/11
Torino
Visita sito
Bike
Stumpjumper
Per un minuto ieri sulla pagina Wikipedia di Eddie è comparsa la scritta “Eddie o’Cane è morto davvero” qualcuno aveva modificato la pagina inserendo la data del decesso e la scritta, che è stata rimossa prontamente

Classifica mensile dislivello positivo