29/10/02
Monte Bar
www.mtb-mag.com
TC
KM Percorsi
Bike
Diverse
Il film “Klunkerz” nuovamente premiato

Dopo aver conseguito il premio quale miglior film all’Adventure Film Festival che si è tenuto lo scorso Dicembre a Boulder (Colorado), la celebre pellicola “Klunkerz”, scritta e diretta da Billy Savage, è stata insignita del prestigioso titolo di “Cycling film of the year” nel corso dell’Endurance Sports Awards di San Diego (California). Questo il comunicato ufficiale dell’evento:

KLUNKERZ WINS THE 2009 'CYCLING FILM OF THE YEAR' AT THE ENDURANCE SPORTS AWARDS

They Re-Invented the Wheel
San Diego, CA. -- As a very physically fit crowd of nearly 600 of the world's best endurance athletes, sports filmmakers, and their fans looked on, 'KLUNKERZ' won the 2009 'Cycling Film of the Year' award at the 17th Annual Competitor Magazine Endurance Sports Awards. The film chronicles the birth of the off-road bicycle in the 1960s and 1970s, and the unique athletes and artisans credited with inventing the world-wide phenomenon. The black-tie gala was held on Saturday night in the Nautilus Pavilion at Sea World in San Diego, CA. This was the inaugural year for the Competitor Film Festival, which played in conjunction with the ESAs.

Cycling legends and subjects of the film, Gary Fisher and Charlie Kelly, were on-hand to support the film's writer/producer/director, Billy Savage, who accepted the award. The award was presented by Dennis Christopher, star of the groundbreaking 1979 cycling film 'Breaking Away'. The slightly underdressed Savage was overhead saying "I'm honored and humbled to be the recipient of this award. This award is for all of us, the cycling pioneers who trusted me to tell their story, and for my amazing crew who worked so hard on this film."

Kaiser Permanente was the presenting sponsor of this year's event. The ESAs are a benefit for the Challenged Athletes Foundation, which has raised over $8,000,000.00 to cover expenses for disabled athletes. DVDs can be purchased at www.klunkerz.com and better bike shops everywhere. Klunkerz is distributed by VAS Entertainment.

For more information on the film, or to schedule an interview with Billy Savage, contact Pumelo Pictures at (323) 934-2202 X116 or email [email protected].

Per quanti non fossero a conoscenza dei contenuti del film, ricordiamo che la pellicola ha per interpreti tutti, o quasi, i “mostri sacri” dell’età pionieristica del mountain biking: Gary Fisher, Joe Breeze, Tom Ritchey, Mike Sinyard, Charlie Cunningham, Jacquie Phelan, Otis Guy, Steve Potts, J F Scott… solo per citare i più famosi.
Il Dvd è acquistabile nei migliori negozi specializzati di biciclette, oppure ordinabile direttamente sul sito www.klunkerz.com al prezzo di 22,99 dollari statunitensi.

Grazie a xtrncpb per la segnalazione!

xtrncpb

Biker imperialis
23/9/04
Milano
Visita sito
Il film “Klunkerz” nuovamente premiato

Dopo aver conseguito il premio quale miglior film all’Adventure Film Festival che si è tenuto lo scorso Dicembre a Boulder (Colorado), la celebre pellicola “Klunkerz”, scritta e diretta da Billy Savage, è stata insignita del prestigioso titolo di “Cycling film of the year” nel corso dell’Endurance Sports Awards di San Diego (California). Questo il comunicato ufficiale dell’evento:

KLUNKERZ WINS THE 2009 'CYCLING FILM OF THE YEAR' AT THE ENDURANCE SPORTS AWARDS

They Re-Invented the Wheel
San Diego, CA. -- As a very physically fit crowd of nearly 600 of the world's best endurance athletes, sports filmmakers, and their fans looked on, 'KLUNKERZ' won the 2009 'Cycling Film of the Year' award at the 17th Annual Competitor Magazine Endurance Sports Awards. The film chronicles the birth of the off-road bicycle in the 1960s and 1970s, and the unique athletes and artisans credited with inventing the world-wide phenomenon. The black-tie gala was held on Saturday night in the Nautilus Pavilion at Sea World in San Diego, CA. This was the inaugural year for the Competitor Film Festival, which played in conjunction with the ESAs.

Cycling legends and subjects of the film, Gary Fisher and Charlie Kelly, were on-hand to support the film's writer/producer/director, Billy Savage, who accepted the award. The award was presented by Dennis Christopher, star of the groundbreaking 1979 cycling film 'Breaking Away'. The slightly underdressed Savage was overhead saying "I'm honored and humbled to be the recipient of this award. This award is for all of us, the cycling pioneers who trusted me to tell their story, and for my amazing crew who worked so hard on this film."

Kaiser Permanente was the presenting sponsor of this year's event. The ESAs are a benefit for the Challenged Athletes Foundation, which has raised over $8,000,000.00 to cover expenses for disabled athletes. DVDs can be purchased at www.klunkerz.com and better bike shops everywhere. Klunkerz is distributed by VAS Entertainment.

For more information on the film, or to schedule an interview with Billy Savage, contact Pumelo Pictures at (323) 934-2202 X116 or email [email protected].

Per quanti non fossero a conoscenza dei contenuti del film, ricordiamo che la pellicola ha per interpreti tutti, o quasi, i “mostri sacri” dell’età pionieristica del mountain biking: Gary Fisher, Joe Breeze, Tom Ritchey, Mike Sinyard, Charlie Cunningham, Jacquie Phelan, Otis Guy, Steve Potts, J F Scott… solo per citare i più famosi.
Il Dvd è acquistabile nei migliori negozi specializzati di biciclette, oppure ordinabile direttamente sul sito www.klunkerz.com al prezzo di 22,99 dollari statunitensi.

Grazie a xtrncpb per la segnalazione!

Grazie a te, Marco, per la gentile pubblicazione !!! :hail: :hail:

tostarello

Moderatur ologrammaticus
Membro dello Staff
Moderatur
15/11/05
roma
Visita sito
Bike
Stereo hybrid One55 slx
l'ho visto al cinema qui a Roma, peccato che per la presentazione lo hanno trasmesso in lingua originale senza sottotitoli, così mi sono sfuggite diverse battute; è molto interessante e piacevole, prenderò il dvd

xtrncpb

Biker imperialis
23/9/04
Milano
Visita sito
Alcune foto relative alla premiazione effettuata a San Diego, nel corso del festival "Endurance Sports Award".

1) William 'Billy' Savage (regista, produttore e sceneggiatore del film "Klunkerz"), a sinistra nella foto, assieme all'attore Dennis Christopher (celebre per la sua interpretazione nel film "Breaking Away").

2) Gary Fisher (superflua ogni presentazione), Dennis Christopher e Charlie Kelly (uno dei primi 'ragazzi' che si lanciarono a capofitto sulle sterrate del Mount Tamalpais, inventando la celebre "Repack" della quale, in seguito, Charlie divenne cronometrista ufficiale).

3) Bob Babbit (organizzatore dell'Endurance Sports Award), accanto a Billy Savage.

Allegati

• Klunkerz_Foto1_Savage_Christopher.jpg
    Klunkerz_Foto1_Savage_Christopher.jpg
    40,3 KB · Visite: 3
  • Klunkerz_Foto2_Fisher_Christoper_Kelly.jpg
    Klunkerz_Foto2_Fisher_Christoper_Kelly.jpg
    31,7 KB · Visite: 3
  • Klunkerz_Foto3_Babbit_Savage.jpg
    Klunkerz_Foto3_Babbit_Savage.jpg
    46,1 KB · Visite: 2

Classifica giornaliera dislivello positivo

Classifica mensile dislivello positivo