Gee Atherton Wins Garbanzo Downhill

• Cannondale presenta la nuova Scalpel, la sua bici biammortizzata da cross country che adesso ha 120 millimetri di escursione anteriore e posteriore in tutte le sue versioni. Sembra che sia cambiato poco, a prima vista, ma sono i dettagli che fanno la differenza e che rendono questa Scalpel 2024 nettamente più performante del modello precedente.
    Iscriviti al canale se non l'hai ancora fatto (clicca qui).

passo73

Biker serius
Gee Atherton Wins Garbanzo Downhill

Rachel Atherton Takes Top Spot In Pro Women's Category for Atherton Sweep

WHISTLER, BC, August 10, 2008 - Gee Atherton finished #1 in what is said to be one of the longest, most grueling downhill course in mountain biking. The one-run format descends 3,400 feet from top to bottom, covering some of the most challenging terrain in the Whistler Mountain Bike Park.

An impressive field of world class athletes descended on the Monster Energy DH course that began on Original Sin and continued through Blue Velvet; In Deep; Duffman; Golden Triangle; World Cup Downhill; Ho Chi Min and Monkey Hands finishing in Whistler Village.
atherton.jpg

Gee Atherton on course during the Garbanzo Downhill race. || Photo: Yorick Carroux

"We practiced on dry trails well before the race, so when the rain came, it changed everything," says first place winner Gee Atherton. "You had to pick new lines and just go for it." Gee Atherton (UK), grabbed first with a time of 14:20.4; second place was Sam Hill (Aus), with a time of 14:37.8; third place went to Marc Beaumont (UK), with a time of 14.44.6 and fourth place went to Dan Atherton (UK), with a time of 14:50.0.

"This was not an easy track to begin with and the weather made it even tougher," say Sam Hill, second place in this year's Monster Energy DH. "I had a crash in the middle of the course and one of my shoes came off, I had to stay strong and keep motivated to make up the time."
podium.jpg

The winners - (l to r) Sam Hill in 2nd, Gee Atherton in 1st, Marc Beamont in 3rd || Photo: Yorick Carroux

The top rider in the women's category was Rachel Atherton (UK), with a time of 16:48.9; Fionn Griffiths (UK), took second place with a time of 17:25.1; Denise Uyesuqi (CAN), took third place with a time of 18:32.7; and Whistler local Rebecca McQueen took fourth with a time of 18:41.9.

"This course is like three times as long as what I'm use to on the world cup", says Rachel Atherton, first place winner in the women's category. "You really need to stay focused on such a long, hard course."

The Monster Energy Garbanzo DH was the highlight of day 2 at Kokanee Crankworx 2008. Day 3 includes the Womenzworx Dirt Series, women only mountain bike clinics taking place in the Whistler Mountain Bike Park as well as more live music on the TELUS MainStage featuring Flash Lightnin playing an extended set from 4pm-5:45pm

For more event results and live webcasts of the Monster Energy Slopestyle, VW Trick Showdown and the "Giant Slalom" check out www.Crankworx.com

mikael33

Biker poeticus
22/3/06
castelfidardo(an)
Visita sito
LoL,so ke sei un timidone e l'ho fatto io al posto tuo:hahaha:

PS:quoto sul fatto dei soldi,una miseria,con i montepremi,i 3 ragazzotti del podio non si pagano neanke le spese x la trasferta(se se le dovessero pagare da soli)..........penso ke a una gara di livello internazionale di lancio di coriandoli,ci siano premi maggiori..............o x lo meno salumi,ai quali io dò valore ben maggiore ke ai soldi:smile::smile::smile:.......anke xkè con i soldi,io ci compro salumi,se loro mi danno direttamente salumi,mi risparmiano la trafila dell'acquisto:smile::smile::smile:viva il baratto,abbasso il soldo......ok sto di nuovo vaneggiando:hahaha:

Cerrino

Biker tremendus
3/3/07
Pistoia
Visita sito
2250 dollari per una delle gare più in vista fuori dal mondiale mi paiono una vergogna....poi si lamentano se cresce il freeride e la dh stagna, guardino un po'la differenza del montepremi fra questa gara ed un evento tipo il Qashqai.....Buuu!

SAD

Biker grossissimus
1/2/07
†▲†▲†
Visita sito
Just got a call from Miami-Bryce who is back in the UK after busting his collar bone in Whistler. Apparently he got his baggy shorts caught in his forks over a double and went down hard. I was talking about this to Jonesy and we reckon the "baggy shorts getting caught" phonomena is quite a common thing these days.

josh-xray540.jpg

joshcollarbonewhistler.jpg

Classifica mensile dislivello positivo