Cadore Monte Tudaio, Forcella malpasso, Forcella Ciadin alto and Valgrande

• La Pinarello Dogma XC è finalmente disponibile al pubblico! Dopo averla vista sul gradino più alto del podio dei campionati del mondo di XC 2023 con Tom Pidcock (con la full) e Pauline Ferrand-Prevot (con la front), Stefano Udeschini ha avuto modo di provarla sui sentieri del Garda
    Iscriviti al canale se non l'hai ancora fatto (clicca qui).

ottomilainsu

Biker assatanatus
15/12/09
Su per i monti
www.arsie.net
Hi
Monte Tudaio is reached by a military road, built during WW1, but on the topographic map I have there are no other ways that from the top go to other places. You can go up by bycicle, but you need to go down on the same way (it is on my "to do" list, sooner or later...).
Forcella Ciadin alto and Forcella Malpasso are very steep mountain paths, so I think they are not at all or very little suitable for cycling, certainly uphill you will have to walk.
Forcella Valgrande (from Santo Stefano di Cadore) maybe is more suitable, it looks an old military road like Monte Tudaio, at least until it connects with Forcella Malpasso path. Then, once up, on the other side you have two options: a maybe affordable path to Sella Ciampigotto, and a difficult way ("via ferrata" in a short section, the rest is classified "for experts") that reaches the road to Santo Stefano (SP465 Forcella Lavardet, closed to motor traffic due to many landslides, in some sections it is only a narrow track )
I have never walked these paths, so all I can say is what I can see on Tabacco maps n°016 and 01.
But you need to be careful, because many paths are still closed due to the damage after the "Vaia" storm in 2018, that has destroyed or damaged large parts of the forests all over the Dolomites. The extent of the damage was so large that still after two years there are so many trees down that make impossible to go even by pedestrians, or landslides that have damaged paths.
Unfortunately I am unable to get information about a specific path, in this moment.

• Mi piace
Reactions: Sickculture

Sickculture

Biker novus
11/6/15
Visita sito
Hi
Monte Tudaio is reached by a military road, built during WW1, but on the topographic map I have there are no other ways that from the top go to other places. You can go up by bycicle, but you need to go down on the same way (it is on my "to do" list, sooner or later...).
Forcella Ciadin alto and Forcella Malpasso are very steep mountain paths, so I think they are not at all or very little suitable for cycling, certainly uphill you will have to walk.
Forcella Valgrande (from Santo Stefano di Cadore) maybe is more suitable, it looks an old military road like Monte Tudaio, at least until it connects with Forcella Malpasso path. Then, once up, on the other side you have two options: a maybe affordable path to Sella Ciampigotto, and a difficult way ("via ferrata" in a short section, the rest is classified "for experts") that reaches the road to Santo Stefano (SP465 Forcella Lavardet, closed to motor traffic due to many landslides, in some sections it is only a narrow track )
I have never walked these paths, so all I can say is what I can see on Tabacco maps n°016 and 01.
But you need to be careful, because many paths are still closed due to the damage after the "Vaia" storm in 2018, that has destroyed or damaged large parts of the forests all over the Dolomites. The extent of the damage was so large that still after two years there are so many trees down that make impossible to go even by pedestrians, or landslides that have damaged paths.
Unfortunately I am unable to get information about a specific path, in this moment.
Thanks a lot for your answer. You´re right with the storm 2018. I forget this. Maybe there is another person who can share informations too? Bike and hike is OK for uphill. I knew Tudaio is a oneway military path. But it should be interesting to watch these area.

Classifica mensile dislivello positivo